I'm currently looking for part time remote work - iOS development and related technologies.
When people asked me what I wanted to do for work 10 years ago, I did not know too well, so I just said "Something to do with computers".
As I look at the last 10 years, I see that I did quite a lot of work all kinds of computers. From fiddling with microcontrollers and assembler code to writing data processing scripts to physically assembling computer consoles.
The big step forward came when I learned to think about software in a structured, object-oriented way, as this allowed me to make software do things that I want it to do. Right now I'm proficient in two high level programming languages - Objective-C and Java and have touched just about every framework available for iOS. I've also became a hacker/maker and have completed a number of projects involving software and hardware.
Right now I'm in my early 30s and when I ask myself "What would I like to do in the next 10 years?", my answer is "something with the human brain". The seeds are already there - I've picked up an interest in biology, cognitive science and neuroscience, enough to converse with real people. I've done first-hand research into sleep and made discoveries. I've taken classes in synthetic biology, performing manipulations on the bacteria genome. I've learned a lot about the neurotransmitter systems of the human brain, as well as how a biological organism develops.
It seems like there are a lot of similarities between the object-oriented concepts I use in the daily programming tasks and how biological organisms operate. This makes me hopeful that by the time I'm in my late 30s, I would be able to work and program some form of biological computer or just plain hack the human brain.
Ko Pha-ngan Surat Thani Thailand
Member for 6 years, 11 months
7 profile views
Last seen Dec 3 '14 at 14:16
Top network posts
- 339 Xcode 9 "iPhone is busy: Preparing debugger support for iPhone"
- 254 How can I get the named parameters from a URL using Flask?
- 175 ios5 ARC what is the compiler flag to exclude a file from ARC?
- 98 iOS5 Storyboard error: Storyboards are unavailable on iOS 4.3 and prior
- 97 Xcode 6 how to enable storyboard zoom?
- 84 iOS9 storyboard what is unhandled action (handleNonLaunchSpecificActions)?
- 78 iOS5 Storyboard UIViewController which init method is called by the storyboard?
- View more network posts →