I have a PhD in Human-Computer Interaction and am currently working both as a software engineer at iMotions and as a postdoc at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). This blend of research and development is the type of work which motivates and excites me the most. Currently, I am working on a distributed platform which enables researchers to conduct biometric research 'in the wild' (outside of the lab environment).
As part of my previous research, I developed a fully functional system (called Laevo), exploring an alternative to the prevalent, antiquated, desktop computing paradigm. This work (and related publications) contributes to a line of research called 'activity-centric computing'.
I have almost 10 years of professional software development experience. Prior to academia, I worked for several years as a professional full-stack software developer at a game development company in Belgium: AIM Productions. I immediately started working here after a successful internship concluding my bachelor degree (obtained in 2007). My job entailed working on interactive hometrainer software and other multimedia applications. This spiked my interest in user interface development. I liked the work and colleagues at the company too much to give up entirely for further studies, so I decided to combine the two. In 2009 I started studying for my master in Game and Media Technology at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands, from which I graduated in 2012.
- Stack Overflow 14.6k 14.6k 66 gold badges5454 silver badges127127 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 5.8k 5.8k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.8k 4.8k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Psychology & Neuroscience♦ 3.3k 3.3k 44 gold badges2525 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Code Review 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 288 How to easily initialize a list of Tuples?
- 224 How to easily initialize a list of Tuples?
- 65 What is the difference in citing/referencing with or without tilde?
- 54 Is it possible to set a breakpoint in anonymous functions?
- 53 How far should 'var' and null coalescing operator '??' be entertained without hampering readability?
- 48 How to find default web browser using C#?
- 44 Why would the brain flip the images perceived by your eyes?
- View more network posts →