One of the only ways I can still browse CogSci.SE is by using tags. However, it seems that people are not being careful with tags. Can we do something about this?
In particular, I was recently browsing the mathematical modeling proposal and wanted to link a user to our cognitive-modeling tag, only to realize it was embarassing. For example, all but about 3 of the front page for that tag were not actually about cognitive modeling. For example, all of the following questions (most of them really bad) were marked as cognitive modeling (I have removed the tag):
- Everybody thinks everyone's doing it, so they do it, and everyone ends up doing it
- What is it called when a person seeks to compare themselves to others?
- Why do certain activities seem to co-occur with well learnt skills?
- Why are most popular humans pets carnivores?
- Audio Inculcation and Learning
- What traits does a man have, when he is apt to feeling threatened by strong women?
When I was more active on the site, I used to carefully re-tag questions, but I am unfortunately not very active anymore. A plea to the remaining active members: if you see a tag being misused, please remove it! If a question needs a tag, please add it!