I am finding that there is some friction accumulating with some of the members of the site, through extended commenting on posts. The thing I find most frustrating about this, is:
- we are all intelligent, thinking people
- some of the discussion within the comments can be interesting and make an addition of good content to the site (so why not post an answer?)
- not every post will be our best post
My suggestion is; can users be encouraged to:
- post answers or questions, or perhaps, make improvements on posts
- otherwise just downvote and flag, if they find a post not suitable or sub standard for the site
- to come to Meta or chat if they want to thresh out issues about a particular user (ie mentioning activities of a user within post comments is not useful)
I am suggesting this, to try and create a workable balance for members, who have all made contributions to the site. We are all striving for the same goal, to provide interesting and quality standard question and answers. Afterall it IS a site for cognitive sciences.. what is that thing.... em criticism... em... no... oh encouragement.
please note, I am not claiming to be a victim or pointing the finger at other members, as I am involved in this site also.
ps don't make me start a series of questions on group mentality lol ;-)