The site's answer rate is currently sitting at around 85% and our questions per day is around 1.0. One of the challenges of building this site is getting enough content so that we can start generating the social network and search traffic that can grow our user base.
Thus, I was wondering if any of our high or medium rep users would like to ask some more questions. I'm not talking about question seeding. Rather, I'm just suggesting those active on the site to ask a few more questions of interest: E.g.,
- You're reading a blog post or a journal article about psychology / cognitive science and you see something interesting, ask a question.
- You're thinking about a research idea, and even if you think that you'll eventually work out the answer yourself, post a question. If you work it out later, just add an answer.
I think the medium to high rep users of our site should also be particularly suited to asking intelligent and answerable questions.
I'm trying to do this myself but could probably do it a little more.
- Does this sound like a good idea?
- Is there some way of promoting this orientation?
- Could we have something like a "one question per day for a week challenge"?