I would really like to get started on the customisation process of the FAQ in a democratic and efficient way. Thus, under the heading for "What kind of questions can I ask here?"
I propose that we add:
Cognitive Sciences - Stack Exchange is for researchers, academics, students, and anyone else interested in the cognitive sciences. If you have a questions about
- cognitive science
- psychology (e.g., cognitive, social, developmental, biological, applied, clinical, organizational, etc.)
- neuroscience and neurobiology
then you're in the right place to ask your question.
We could then have separate meta posts that discuss additions and modifications. In particular, I don't see the above as the final word. Rather, it would simply be better than what we have at the moment.
There are plenty of other things that I'd like to include in the FAQ (e.g., regarding standards of prior research, expectations regarding referencing, when to post here versus another stack exchange, etc). However, I'd rather save them for separate thread and get agreement on an initial opening.
Perhaps as a way of moving forward:
- If you're happy for me to add the above to the FAQ, then perhaps add a comment below.
- If you object post a comment.
- If you object and have an alternative, post an answer.