When thinking about conference promotion ideas in order to reach out to academic experts, I thought the following might be really cool:
Integrated conference Q&A Site: See if cogsci.se can be linked to a conference similar to the way that some conferences use Twitter and hashtags; i.e., participants could be encouraged to post questions in real time during the conference related to conference material (we might even permit temporary inclusion of a a conference tag for the duration of the conference, so that people could filter on that).
Benefits of such a strategy:
- gets people at the conference using the site and seeing its many benefits
- gets people talking about the site at the conference
- facilitates the aims of the conference to foster connections between attendees and encourage academic debate
- facilitates exposure of the conference to the broader cogsci / psychology community
- Has this ever been done before?
- Do you think it would be effective?
- What would it take to implement effectively?